Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Farkin' Links Vol. 178

I had to fire someone yesterday, which really put a damper on my day...but probably not as much as on her day. Contrary to popular belief, I do not enjoy firing people. Usually...I mean, there was that one psycho lady in Bakersfield who brought her boyfriend to pick up some of her junk who then threatened to "kick my *ss" for the honor of his lady. Being threatened with physical violence by Larry the Cable Guy relieved me of any sympathy for this particular foolio. In this case, it wasn't nearly as bad. The lady knew she was going to get the axe because she'd been warned plenty of times about picking up her data entry pace and about all the mistakes she had made. If anything, we waited too long; I mean, we had to turn her desk towards her supervisor so she wouldn't keep logging into Myspace.com. By the way...does anybody out there know how to use Quickbooks? Converting our company's records is really starting to harsh my mellow. I barely have time for this...

So THAT'S why Dell computers are so cheap. They need the money for the lawsuits...

I guess these things going boom is just a trend this month. It was the 4th of July. Hey Ben, were you down in Florida this past weekend?

It's a fairly famous clip, but you gotta love it when a ref gets knocked the f*ck out. I can think of several refs during this last World Cup that deserved a couple of these. Actually, they just need some Zidane super head butt specials...

Wowzers...that's one dangerous Super Soaker. This is utterly dangerous and stupid, so either he's a dumb hick who's wiffed too much paint thinner, or he's from Cal Tech.

Here's a big list of all the world's religions...my god, there's 4-6 million worshippers of Cao Dai? The religion where Victor Hugo is one of the chosen saints? Normally I don't like to question people's faith, but, what the hell is wrong with you!

Hmmm...so halitosis is caused by the devil. Thanks Bill Nye, Science guy!

Yep, this sure sounds like the Turkey I know. Why wouldn't you let these guys into the EU? Still, I love how the guy shot his gun in the air and he hit a guy in the foot...not exactly William Tell, is he?

This is a fun little shooter. You just blow crap up...that's about it...that and it's 10 times better than Abe's Turbo Grafix games.

Speaking of mini games...learn what's like to try and park on the wrong side of the road with this one from the UK. I can't park in this country, so I surrenderd faster than a French legion.

Wow...I didn't see any mention of this at the Heineken experience. This is the type of thing that would get me to want to help a third world nation...I could drink at least two cases for the cause.

No comments: